Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life with Littles: Vacuuming

     Jonah has recently decided to "assist" me with vacuuming.  For a time, he would turn the vacuum off and on while I was using it.  This could make the task of vacuuming take MUCH longer than it should.  When he tired of that, he decided to make it his duty to unplug the vacuum for me...even if I was still using it. 

     I was beginning to think that I was going to have to schedule my daily vacuuming routine around him, when I came up with a plan.  I decided to make him my helper.  When I was ready to vacuum the living room the other day, I asked him to help me.  I showed him where to hold the vacuum, then slowly went back and forth over the floor.  I kept telling him what a good job he was doing and thanked him when we were done.



     Daddy-o got a chance to see us in action for the first time this evening.  He was so surprised to see Jonah helping me vacuum, but even more surprised to see what he did when we were all done....When we finished, I asked Jonah to turn off the vacuum and he did.  Then he ran to the wall and unplugged it.  Now, before anyone worries about our little guy shocking himself, you should know that the outlet we used has self-locking covers that would protect him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment